Born in 1988, is a contemporary prose writer. He studied medicine and is currently working as a junior doctor in a clinical research centre for Aids, infectious diseases and immunology. Along with his medical career, Zarkua is very productive young writer. He began writing at the age of 17, has entered a number of literary competitions and won several prizes. His stories have appeared in a number of anthologies, including the annual anthology published by Bakur Sulakauri 15 Best Short Stories in 2012 and 2014. His first book The Paradox of Warmstadt was published in 2011. Jaba Zarkua has also hosted and written scripts for a number of TV shows. At present he is working simultaneously as a doctor and a writer.
- The Reader Must Die, Bakur Sulakauri Publishing, 2013
- The Paradox of Warmstadt, Bakur Sulakauri Publishing, 2011
LITERARY PRIZES AND AWARDS
- Literary award TSERO (CRANE) 2014 II Prize for the short story Syndrome of Closed factories
- IliaUni Literary prize 2013 in category the best novel for The Reader Must Die
- Winner of literary contest for youth Alubloba 2009
- Winner of contest Literature Names - Metro 2010
In case of using the information, please, indicate the source.