Born in 1960, in Tbilisi, graduated from Tbilisi State University in 1983 as a chemist. She worked as a teacher as well as editor for various publishing houses. She also works as the curator for the Living library project from the Ministry of Culture.
Mariam Tsiklauri is one of the founders of Children’s Literature Development Fund - Libo. She is also the author of Georgian-English anthology Georgian Female Poets, comprising poems of 32 Georgian female authors. Her poems have been translated to Lithuanian, English, German, Ukrainian, Italian, Russian, Armenian, Czech, Slovakian and Polish languages. She published 21 books (9 poetry collection, short stories and non-fiction and 12 children’s books). 2017 Mariam Tsiklauri was shortlisted for Saba Literary Prize for her poetry collection For the Tameness.
- For the Tameness, E-book, Saba, 2016
- Today’s Day (Notes and Diaries), Intelekti Publishing, 2015
- One Hundred Poems, Intelekti Publishing, 2014
- Standing Pray For The Sun, Saunje Publishing, 2014
LITERARY PRIZES AND AWARDS
- Prize from female poet competition Khvarazmoba, 2016, 2015, 2011
- First Prize of literature competition Shotaoba, 2013, 2012
- Prize and medal of the Georgian Spirit Festival, 2012
- Literary Prize for poem collection White Calfs, 2011
- Winner of St. Nino festival, 2011
- Makvala Mrevlishvili Prize for fertile endeavor in children’s literature, 2010
- Children’s Book’s Second Festival Prize for “The Author of The Year’s Best Children’s Book”, 2010
- Grand-prix of the literature competition Shotaoba, Special prize of Sandra Roelofs (First Lady of Georgia) for the poem Golden Fish, 2009
In case of using the information, please, indicate the source.