Born in 1979, is a Georgian writer and journalist. In 2002 she graduated from Tbilisi State University with a degree in International Journalism. For over fifteen years she has been engaged in journalism. Seven years ago Nino Tarkhnishvili joined the team of Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty, and since then has worked there as a reporter. Simultaneously Nino leads an active writing career. Tarkhnishvili’s debut book – a collection of literary miniatures and essays Kaltarapera (an old term from the Georgian highlands, meaning ‘unlike a woman’) – was published in 2006. Since then, the author’s various stories have frequently been published in leading Georgian literary periodicals and included in various contemporary prose anthologies. In 2010 her second collection of short stories Title on the 37th Page was published: it evoked much controversy among Georgian readers and was praised as one of the most sincere, brave and appealing texts by new voices from Georgia; the following year it was shortlisted for the Literary Award SABA as the best prose collection of 2011. Nino Tarkhnishvili has received several literary prizes for her short prose and has been a finalist at different literary festivals and competitions, including Pen-Marathon and the new literature festival Insomnia, launched by Karchkhadze Publishing House. In 2014, at the Frankfurt Literary Salon her short story Luck, Fluck and Juck was translated into German. This year Publishing House Intelekti released Nino Tarkhnishvili’s long-awaited book Nino’s Notes, which became an instant success on the day of publication.
- Nino’s NOTES, Intelekti Publishing, 2015
- Title on the 37th Page, Diogene Publishing House, 2010
- Qaltarafera, Diogene Publishing House, 2006
LITERARY PRIZES AND AWARDS
- Guram Rcheulishvili literary award 2011 for assay The Ode to my Brothers and Sisters
- Winner of the Lib.ge contest for short story 2008 On the Flower Street in Kabul
- 3rd Place winner at literary contest Tsero (CRANE) 2008 for short story My Little Lover from Pekin or My Wife’s Chinese Hair
In case of using the information, please, indicate the source.