Born in 1971 is a successful contemporary Georgian poet. He graduated from Tbilisi State University, in 1993, majoring in History. Later he studied at Rothenburg Goethe Institute, Germany and took classes in literature in Perugia, Italy. He is the author of numerous poetry collections; some of his poems, translated into Slovenian language, appeared in the book Dnevi Peezije in Vina, Medana and in Goriska Brda in early 2000s. Gaga Nakhutrishvili is co-author of well-known marionette play Mouu, which was staged in the Basement Theatre in Tbilisi. In 2003, the author was awarded the SABA literary prize for the best poetry collection. Gaga Nakhutrshvili is regarded as one of the most productive poets of his generation who actively publishes his new works and continues to surprise the reader with his sincere, unexpected and on the same time rich poetic language and images. Gaga’s works are translated into French, Slovenian, German and English languages. Till present Gaga Nakhutsrishvili works as a lecturer at the Ilia State University, Tbilisi. Nakhutsrishvili’s poems have been translated into French, Slovenian, German and English and published in several anthologies among them: Anthology of Georgian poets - Arc publication 2016, UK; Anthology of Georgian Poetry through the ages: Ich aber will dem Kaukasos zu… - Pop Verlag 2015, Germany.
- Treaty of Stupidity, Intelekti Publishing, 2015
- Two Thousand 13, Publishing Siesta, 2014
- Strophe, Siesta Publishing House, 2012
- Muee, (co-author with Zurab Kikodze), Siesta Publishing House, 2012
- Beyond the Horizon, Palitra L Publishing, 2012
- The Girl and Europe, Saari Publishing, 2009
- Unusual Times, Saari Publishing, 2007
- Unexpectedly, Saari Publishing, 2006
- Departure and Expectations, Saari Publishing, 2002
- Simplicity, Saari Publishing, 2000
- Senseless Traveler, 1996
LITERARY PRIZES AND AWARDS
- Literary Award SABA 2003 in category the best poetry collection for Departure and Expectations
In case of using the information, please, indicate the source.