Born in 1961 is a researcher and filmmaker. Irakli Makharadze has produced several popular documentary films such as Riders of the Wild West, Italian Opera in Tbilisi, Artist Dimitri Shevardnadze, and etc. Irakli Makharadze is a participant of some film festivals and forums and is a recipient of silver prize for documentary Lelo at Sport Movie Festival, Riga, Latvia, First Prize holder at Tbilisi Film Festival 'Oriental Express' and the winner of Flagstaff International Film Festival Prize, for his work Riders of the Wild West. For many years he was a host of various Georgian TV programs regarding American film, culture and contemporary music. Beside his successful film career Irakli has spent years documenting the unique equestrian history of Georgia and first riders who reached the USA in 1890s. His articles about film history have been published in various Georgian and American magazines. Recently was published an article 'Horsemen Daredevils', where the author explains how the Georgian Trick riders became the star attraction in Buffalo Bill Cody’s Wild West Show. On March of 2015 His new book Georgian Trick Riders in American Wild West Shows, 1890s-1920s was published in the United States.
- Georgian Trick Riders in American Wild West Shows, 1890s-1920s, McFarland & Company, 2015
- The Magnificent Silent Cinema, Bakur Sulakauri Publishing, 2014
- Terrorists, (co-author with Lasha Khetsuriani), Bakur Sulakauri Publishing, 2012
- Georgians in the USA, Bakur Sulakauri Publishing, 2011
- Riders of the Wild West, Bakur Sulakauri Publishing, 2011
- Russian-Georgian Terror, (co-author with Lasha Khetsuriani), Diogene Publishing, 2009
- Gurian Outlaws, Bakur Sulakauri Publishing, 2008
- Georgian Riders in America, Arete Publishing, 2007
- A Fistful of Westerns, Arete Publishing, 2007
- Wild West Georgians, NEW MEDIA Publishing, 2002
LITERARY PRIZES AND AWARDS
- Literary award SABA 2015 in category the best documentary prose for The Magnificent Silent Cinema
In case of using the information, please, indicate the source.