Born 1968 is a prose writer and translator. After graduating from the Philology Department of Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University in 1990, he started regularly publishing his short stories in various literary journals and magazines. His debut book - a short story collection The First was published in 1997. Later adaptations of his works have appeared on Georgian radio and on stage. In 1999 his story The Chevaliers of the Black List was dramatized for radio by Levan Lortkipanidze. In 2002 the same story was adapted for stage by Nugzar Lortkipanidze and was performed at Lado Meskhishvili Drama Theatre in Kutaisi. During his career Irakli Javakhadze worked for several important literary newspapers and magazines. In 2005 he became the editor of the literary newspaper Parnassus and since 2009 works as the editor of Literaturuli Gazeti. He has authored 7 books and number of translations, namely he has translated into Georgian Sergei Dovlatov’s novel 'Suitcase', which was published in 2008, as well as several works of Charles Bukowski and Quentin Tarantino’s screenplay for Reservoir Dogs.
- Similar Stories, EBOOKS HOUSE SABA, 2015
- Three Old Stories, Intelekti Publishing, 2010
- State Bonds, Saai Publishing, 2006
- The Chevaliers, Saari Publishing, 2002
- Alabama, Alabama, Alabama, Saari Publishing, 1998
- The Chevaliers of the Black List, Publishing Saari, 1998; Intelekti Publishing, 2014
- The First, Publishing Sakartvelo, 1997
In case of using the information, please, indicate the source.