Born in 1971 is considered as a noteworthy writer contributing in Children’s literature. In 1995 He graduated from the Technical University of Georgia, Faculty of Architecture. In different years he worked as a correspondent for the newspapers 'Gori', 'Akhali Epoka' and '24 Saati'. In 2003-2004 he was an Editor of the newspaper 'Akhali Gazeti'. His poems for children were first published in the 'Dila' magazine. In 2007 he won the second place at the Literary Competition TSERO (CRANE) for his cycle of children’s poems Kindergarten. His debut book - a collection of children’s poems Fox’s Shop was published in 2007 by Diogene Publishing House. Since then Vasil Guleuri has authored several children’s collections, that have become quite popular through Georgian audience. His publications include such works as Stories Brought by Birds; Returned Sounds; The Zoo (publication includes author’s illustrations). The author has received number of prizes in children’s literature. In 2011 Georgian Public Radio and Elf Publishers announced a competition Best Christmas Tales, and Returned Sounds, a play by Vasil Guleuri won the first place. The radio show was broadcasted on 7th January 2012 by the Georgian Public Radio, and at the end of the year, the fairy tale was published as a book. In addition Vasil Guleuri is successfully engaged in the translation field. He has translated poems by Sergey Esenin, Anna Akhmatova, Marina Tsvetaeva, Bella Akhmadulina, Joseph Brodsky, Christine Lavant, Ingeborg Bachmann, Jean Genet, James Joyce, Rudyard Kipling and other authors. His translations have been published in different anthologies for recent translations and have been included in the publications of Dato Barbakadze’s project 'Austrian Lyrics of the 20th Century'. Poems by Marina Tsvetaeva, Boris Pasternatsky, Rudyard Kipling, Walt Whitman and Francois Villon translated by Vasil Guleuri have been published in the framework of the project 'All Georgian Translations of One Masterpiece', launched by Intelekti Publishing. Vasil Guleuli was the first author to translate the collection of poems Chamber Music by an outstanding Irish author James Joyce, which was published by Artanuji publishing in 2012.
- A Fight in the Kitchen, Elf Publishers, 2017
- Graphic Poems, DILA Publishers, 2017
- Joyfull Poems, Elf Publishers, 2016
- Series of children tales-The Snowboll is Looking for Friends, The Snow Grandchild, The Snowboll in the Circus, „Palitra L“ Publishing, 2015
- Tiny Tsiko’s World, Saunje Publishing House, 2013
- Returned Sounds, Christmas Story, Publishing House Elf, 2012
- The Zoo, Publishing Shemetsneba, 2011
- Five Stories in Verse, Publishing House Sezan, 2009
- Stories Brought by Birds, Diogene Publishing House, 2008
- Fox’s Shop, Diogene Publishing House, 2007
LITERARY PRIZES AND AWARDS
- 2nd place at Literary Competition TSERO 2007 for the circle of poems for children Kindergarten
- Winner of the competition Christmas Play 2011 held by Elf Publishers and Georgian Public Radio for Returned Sounds
- 2nd place at the contest of Literaturuli Meskheti Newspaper 2011 for translation of the Russian poetry of the 20th century
- 3rd place at All Georgian Translations of One Masterpiece 2012 for translation of the poem If by Rudyard Kipling
- 1st place at contest of Literaturuli Meskheti Newspaper 2012 for translation of a circle of poems from the Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling.
In case of using the information, please, indicate the source.