Born in 1977 graduated from Journalism and Filmmaking Department of the Tbilisi State University. For several years she worked at Georgian Television as a feature broadcasting director and author. She started to actively publish her literary works from 2004. Her first book, the short story collection January River, was published in 2005 and the following year was awarded the literature prize SABA for the Best Debut of the Year. Apart from writing, Teona has worked for various private and State establishments as a Society Communications Manager. She has participated in various literature projects including Goethe Institute, joint literary events with German, Lithuanian, Ukrainian and Azeri colleagues. In 2009 Teona Dolenjashvili was again awarded highly praised Literary Award SABA while in 2004, 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010, 2012 and 2013 her different stories were included in the 15 Best Short Stories collections. In 2010 author’s acclaimed work Fidai, describing the last two hours of a Shahida’s life was nominated for the PRIX EUROPE in category the best Radio Drama/Fiction in Berlin. Till present Teona writes columns ‘Talks About Literature for the journal ‘Focus’ and newspaper ‘24 Hours’. Her short stories are translated into German, English, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Ukrainian, Lithuanian, Slovak and Azeri languages and have been published in various literature collections of the above mentioned countries.
- The Real Beings, Bakur Sulakauri Publishing, 2014
- Escape, Ebooks House SABA, 2013
- Animal planet, Palitra L Publishing, 2011
- Memphis, Siesta Publishing House, 2008
- January River, Bakur Sulakauri Publishing, 2005
LITERARY PRIZES AND AWARDS
- Literary Award SABA 2009 in category the best novel for Memphis
- Literary Award SABA 2006 in category the best debut for January River
- Winner of Georgian National Movie Center Competition 2005 for the best screenplay Fidai
- Newspaper Parnasus Prize 2004 for the best short story Fidai
In case of using the information, please, indicate the source.