1961- 2017 born in Tbilisi, graduated in modern Georgian and European Literature from Tbilisi State University’s philological faculty. At the same time he studies film direction as a minor subject. Paata Berikashvili’s stories and poems have been published in literary periodicals since his student days (including the magazines Tsiskari, Mnatobi, Nobati, Niangi, and newspapers such as Literary Georgia), at a later period they were printed in Arili, Komagi, Literaturuli Palitra, The Literary Newspaper, etc. He was in charge of the literary and humour supplement to the newspaper 24 Hours. In 2012 the film War and Wedding (directed by Zaza Kolelelishvili) was shot, on the basis of Paata Berikashvili’s story about the August 2008 war. 2015 a collection of his stories Der Engel, genannt Sali was translated into German by Sergo Okropiridze and published in Germany.
- Wind in the City, Glosa, 2015
- A Serenade of Black Butterflies – Ten Stories, Labyrinth, 2012
- Between You and the Sky, Shemetsneba, 2012
- Nonsenses, Shemetsneba, 2012
- A Monoduel against the Background of White Fillies Samshoblo, 2002
- A Period Long enough to Contain a Life, Samshoblo, 2002
- Relicts of a Forgotten Railway Station, 2004
- A Night Séance, Amirani, 1995
- The Mystery Wind, Amirani, 1993
LITERARY PRIZES AND AWARDS
- PEN-Marathon’s 2015 main prize for ‘I Want a House’ the Diogenes silver story prize
In case of using the information, please, indicate the source.